Sunday, January 11, 2009

Handyman Weekend

-
I'm proud of the weekend's accomplishments so I must brag here.

Firstly, in the unfinished portion of our basement was an area with about six shelves tall, but they were crumbly particle board and too close together to the most useful.

I'd recently got some discounted balsa wood wine racks. It was only a natural fit to remove the old shelving, put up some good shelves, and incorporate everything to make one shelf our own little wine cellar.

As a side note, if anyone in town needs the contact info for Tony the Wine Guy, just let Robin or I know! :o) Here is the result of this work in the basement:



Then - we've had an extra twin bed, well, since I got back in April. Finally that came to be this weekend. We got the hardware without instructions, and managed to get it done in about 2 hours, not bad.

Here's the final product for his room. The little man was surprised and thrilled when he saw his new room on Sunday. He reminded me of someone on one of those home make over shows. Unfortunately, I am the first casualty - it's never good for your wife to compare you to a hockey player.













No comments: